Sleepless in Birmingham
Why is it that despite my best intentions to get to bed reasonably early I still end up burning the midnight (and beyond) oil?? Having spent the last couple of weeks getting as much rest as I could with plenty of early nights, I think I've undone all the good all that sleep did me with two late nights one after the other. Last night it was around 2.30 am when I turned the TV and went to sleep, after not actually getting into bed until nearly 2.00 am. Here we are now tonight at 3.50 am and I have only just finished packing orders. I freely admit that distractions caught me many times during the course of the evening, and if I'd actually managed any discipline then I could've had the orders packed and been in bed at least two hours ago.
Well, I've just deleted most of what I was going to post, I'm having a can't be arsed phase again, but now having wasted all that time typing it, it's beginning to dawn on me that if I don't go to bed now I am going to look and feel like complete shit tomorrow and that isn't going to help in my recuperation plan, so it's off to bed I go to take all my meds and get some shut eye, in the hope that work tomorrow won't tax my brain too much and that my plan to draw fake eyes on my eyelids so that I can snooze at my desk without anyone noticing will work.
Oh, before I go, I should report that I have three sponsors for Race For Life, and a total of £20 in sponsorship - a good start for my first day of fundraising!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home