Accomplishments!
I'm feeling good about myself ... I've just packed and processed the last outstanding order. I'd be a lot happier if I could get the bloody invoices to print though - Colin has been fiddling around with the printers and moved the other laser printer up to the back room (aka my craft room - it seems like centuries since I had time to sit in there and play), but the computer there is on it's last legs and it just will not print for me tonight from up here in the office. When Colin gets home (imminently) I am mildly hopeful that he will sort it out for me ... and yes, you are reading right - it's 1.40 am and he's not home from work yet.
Okay, so I managed to accomplish my objective of getting all my orders out, which I think is pretty good considering there was no Collypops to share the familial load with tonight - Mummy had to fly solo and pick Ethan up, pop to Sainsburys, cook (okay, I admit Sean cooked for him and Ethan, and I cooked my own), cuddle, referee (my boys love each other but they do love to fight) and carry up to bed one snorey little man. However, my feeling of accomplishment has come at a price ... have you ever felt soooo tired that you felt like you could cry?? That's how I feel. That, and tripping over every minute piece of paper that happens to be on the floor in the office. It's a satisfying sort of tiredness though ... one that longs to sink into the comfort of a nice cold bed and snuggle down under the duvet ... sigh ... it's a shame that by the time I do actually get to bed my snuggleable window of time will be considerably less than I would like. What with my very late night yesterday (2.30 am) I'm going to look like shit tomorrow.
Oh! Hang on - I normally look like shit anyway!
I have hit my frumpy phase head on. I treated myself to some of the thermal cleanser from the new Olay Regenerist range at the weekend. I've been worried that my skin has been looking bad for weeks now - large pores on my forehead, and just generally tired and worn looking. I couldn't resist the thermal cleanser - it's activated by water, so you splash water onto your face and then massage a small bit of cleanser in (it also exfoliates) - the water activates the heat and so it sort of heats up on your face - it's a weird feeling but I'm loving it. The only thing I don't like is that it needs rinsing off. I really don't like the feel of water on my face - I can never just stand directly under the shower head, I have to detach the shower head from the wall and use it like that. Anyway, I'm sure that I can see an improvement already in my skin. I also treated myself to the Olay 7 Signs of Aging Serum - you only need to use a small bit - my skin feels a lot softer already, which is very encouraging. With any luck and a bit of perseverance, I won't be looking and feeling quite so haggard in a couple of weeks.
However, skincare alone isn't going to banish the frumpywumpy blues! I am trying really hard to remember to do my blood tests and take my injections (night time injection is no problem, it's remembering to inject at meal times that I'm finding difficult), and I know that if I can get to grips with just this one small thing it will undoubtedly make a big difference to the way I feel. I think a few more early nights will help too, but Gawd knows when and if I'll ever manage that!
Just to really confuse everyone at work, I have decided that if I can manage to get myself out of bed in time tomorrow, I will have a girlie 'is she wearing make-up?' day. Actually, it'll be more likely a 'who the hell is she trying to impress' day no doubt! For the record, I'm not trying to impress anyone. I just think my LOVELY NEW CAR deserves a beautiful Katiepops to be its driver tomorrow. And it will be nice to be a bit girlie for a change ... let's see if anyone notices (bet they won't).
Mmmm, coming back to my LOVELY NEW CAR ... oh my God I love it! I got it yesterday and it is so lush that I could lick it. I can't remember the exact name of the shade of green that it is, but it's metallic, and it's sort of a mid-green colour. I was delighted to discover that it's the high spec model - the only thing I can see that it doesn't have is heated seats, which I'm not bothered about anyway. It's so cool - it's got a setting where it automatically locks the doors once you get up to 4 mph (the T reg didn't - I had to remember to do it each time) - that's a real bonus for me because I do worry about getting carjacked. It's also - get this - got a fridge! Okay, maybe not a proper fridge, but a little refridgerated drinks compartment in the front that is cooled by the air conditioning - it's gonna be great in the summer. The CD player is magnifico - Protocol sounded wonderful this morning blasting out with plenty of bass on it ... there are so many lovely things on this car that I can't remember most of them. Maybe it's sad to get quite so excited about it, but this is the first time that I've had a car that wasn't the bog standard model, and the feeling of wealth has gone to my head. I'll get over it, eventually!
Anyway, my lovely Collypops is now home, AND he's sorted out the printer for me ... so time for me to just finish off and get everything in the bag for posting tomorrow ... and then to bed.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home