Scrapbook Mad as you've never seen it before ... unplugged and available for your reading pleasure. You just might pick up some hints about what's in store and what we've got planned. On the other hand, you might just get the inane ramblings of a 30-something scrapbook store owner ...

08 March 2006

Positive Thinking!

I just absolutely love it when I have a good day. Naturally I was knackered this morning after having gone to bed so late last night, but spent a nice leisurely morning at work drinking coffee and sorting out a few queries with the waiting list and looking for notes. I had a nice chat with Anne, our SHO, about all things genealogical, and I think I managed to stop short of boring the poor woman to tears.

We had a meeting at lunchtime about the potential introduction of iCM into the Eye Centre. Basically, iCM is a Windows-based programme that is going to revolutionise the way investigations are ordered and reported, and Si is taking the lead in trying to get it rolled out to BMEC, with Si, Phil and Yiota being the first clinicians to have it, as the immunosuppressive facet of their clinics is probably the most complex. I feel quite excited to be in at the start of something that potentially will save our doctors time in clinic each week. I suspect my role in the whole thing will be relatively minor, but if Si is going to be lead clinician then I will probably have my fair share of involvement by proxy (ie typing letters about it etc). Nevertheless, it does give us something to look forward to in our grey humdrum existence.

This evening has been good - we have found another distant cousin through the virtues of genealogy (I think he found Mum on Genes Reunited). There seems to be quite a few similarities between this man and myself - we're around the same age, we're both twins (although sadly my twin was stillborn - could you really imagine me x 2?) and we both have sons born in 2002. Okay, maybe these aren't mindblowing coincidences, but it is fascinating to come across someone who is actually related to me. I always wonder what happens when you find a distant relative - are you supposed to keep in touch, or what??

I had a burst of frenetic order packing activity tonight - I managed to persuade Col to pack up all my stamp machine orders, and in my quest to find my bag of white file folders for an order I managed to do a little bit of tidying up. Not much, mind you, but just enough to be able to notice a subtle difference up here. Still on my big long list of things to do is a major declutter and reshuffle of the office, but for now I'd settle for being able to find the desk! As for the floor, it's covered in bits of shredded paper (which I've been using for packaging), which is annoying, but as Sean managed to destroy two new belts for the Dyson within 24 hours the other week (bless him) and we haven't managed to pick up some new ones yet, I am going to have to put up with it. On the plus side, my beautiful boy has done more sorting out in the new kitchen tonight while I've been working, and apparently has put out about 20 bags of rubbish for the binmen tomorrow, or so he tells me. Whether 20 bags is a bit of an exaggeration or not I do not know (I do know that there are at least 10 bags), but when you add on the 1-2 bags of rubbish that seems to accumulate in the living room each week, plus 2 bags of kitchen rubbish, I suppose it soon mounts up.

You wouldn't believe what a difference Sean's hard work in the kitchen makes to me - I absolutely love a clean and tidy house, so it's just a shame that I don't often get to be in one! There just aren't enough hours in the day to pick up after everyone, plus do all the business stuff and fit in washing, shopping, cleaning etc; hence why the house is generally a tip. As for picking up after the boys ... there is a t-shirt of Colin's shoved in a corner up here in the office. It has been here for at least six months if not more - I told him at the time that I wasn't going to pick it up and put it in the wash for him - so it will just sit here for the foreseeable future I suspect, until I get even more sick of looking at it than I am now!

On that note, I am off to bed in my very messy bedroom. But I will not let that deter me, I can at last see that things are starting to happen round here, which can only help motivate me to get more done.

Roll on Friday, when my tumble dryer is being delivered - there'll be no stopping me then!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home