A Visit From The Big D
You might notice that I don't seem to be around much in the next couple of weeks (then again, maybe you won't). I'm having a visit from The Big D, aka depression, and I want to hide away from the World. That means I might not post here much, and I'm not planning on spending much time online in my usual haunts.
I might have known this was imminent cos I haven't been feeling that great for the last few weeks, but I didn't think I'd end up feeling this bad. I've been very snappy this week, which isn't fair on Colin and my lovely boys, and I've been waking up with that all too familiar feeling of dread in the mornings. Nevertheless, I have managed to get myself up and get to work each day, which for me is a major achievement. Fortunately I still have about six days holiday that I need to take before the end of March, so I think I am going to have to get that booked when Jenny comes back next week so that I can have a rest (like that's really going to happen - I have so much work that needs to be done).
Even the arrival of my Ipod today hasn't really made me feel much better - I have managed to fill it with lots of cool tracks though, and as I am planning on it being an almost permanent feature around my neck hopefully my music will do the trick ... I have always had a special relationship with music and it is what I turn to when depression strikes. There will be plenty of The Shadows being played over the next few days - they are my ultimate for chill-out music. I have also treated myself to a few songs from ITunes tonight (some more Protocol tracks, plus Boy Kill Boy, a couple of Sean Paul tracks, and All Over This Town by The Upper Room) - so hopefully a good dose of music over the next few days will improve my mood considerably.
In case anyone's interested (I know you're not, but I'm putting off the moment when I switch the laptop off and go to bed), my Ipod is full to bursting with stuff from: Protocol, The Shadows, Boy Kill Boy, Sean Paul, The Upper Room, Pink, Black Eyed Peas, Stacie Orrico, The Dead 60s, Keane, Kaiser Chiefs, Gwen Stefani, No Doubt, McFly, Outkast, Ricky Martin, Madness, Andy Stewart, Andy Williams, Showaddywaddy, and God only knows what else. There's something like 258 songs on there - that should keep me amused for a bit, huh?
I can't put it off any longer, I really should go to bed, or I really won't be able to drag myself out of bed tomorrow.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home