Scrapbook Mad as you've never seen it before ... unplugged and available for your reading pleasure. You just might pick up some hints about what's in store and what we've got planned. On the other hand, you might just get the inane ramblings of a 30-something scrapbook store owner ...

18 February 2006

Like It's Going Out Of Fashion


We've been playing the Richie family from Richington today ... the amount of money that has gone through the credit card has been phenomenal!

Colin has had his eye on a new motorbike for a while, and on a trip out this morning to pick up my big box of the new Basic Grey papers he popped down to our local motorcycle dealers to have a look. He came home with a sheepish grin on his face and the news that they had the bike he wanted and it was at a really good price (we've seen them elsewhere for around £1000 more). I didn't argue, because I knew he really really wanted it ... so I let him go back and get it. He picked it up this afternoon and he's currently as happy as a pig in muck, and long may that feeling last! Come Monday morning his other bike is going up on sale, and hopefully we'll get a good price for it.

Never one to be outdone when there's money to be spent, I've been surfing the net looking for a tumble dryer. I discovered that I can get one from Amazon and get four points to every £1 I spend if I use my Nectar card, and the one I want is at a good price too, so hopefully we shall be ordering it at some point over the next few days.

In the meantime, I took advantage of Colin's good mood to get myself an Ipod ordered ... it'll be here later this week (and again there were four points to the pound through Nectar) and I can't wait to get some hot tracks uploaded. All I need now is a cassette adaptor so that I can play it in the car, and I'll be happy as can be.

One of the conditions of Colin getting the bike was that he finish the pipework from the new sink out to the drain ... he did at least make a start, but discovered that his bit of pipe was too short, and hence I have to wait for him to go and get a connector so that he can do the job properly. At least, that's what he said the problem was ... knowing him it was just an excuse to come back inside and surf the net for accessories for his new toy ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home