Footsore ...
Today I went to the trade show at the NEC. Despite the fact that I was sat in my chair in front of the TV by 4.30 this afternoon (it took just 10 minutes to drive home - one of the big advantages of living where we do), my feet are still sore and my legs feel stiff. I did some serious walking today ... all in the name of stash shopping. I can't complain, cos I've picked up some fabulous stuff for the website.
I've put some pre-orders up on the website for some of the new stuff - namely some collection kits from Crate Paper, and the 12 new colours of Distress Inks and the new Tim Holtz DVD. I hope they all get snapped up quickly!
It was lovely to bump into some old friends at the show, and meet some new people. It was nice to see Kathy on the Trading Memories stand, and Teresa who was helping out; I saw Lily My Lovely and Mandy, and Kirsty Wiseman. I also met the Artbase girls and the girls from A Trip Down Memory Lane - it's always nice to put faces to names. And of course Paul from Photocentric, Robert at Scrapgenie and Peter from Herma.
On the downside, I found the attitude on the Bramwell's stand to be the usual snotty one. Getting a catalogue out of those people as ever is like getting blood out of a stone. Every year we fill in a form, and every year they don't send us a catalogue. I'm really annoyed, because if they'd given me a price list I would have placed a big order for some of the new Provocraft stuff there and then with the big wodge of cash I had put aside for today ... but as it is I just went and spent it elsewhere.
All in all a very successful day, even if I didn't manage to get a lot of things that were on my list. There is, in my opinion, just far too much stuff to choose from these days (such a far cry from when Scrapbook Mad first started just 3 1/2 years ago) - but it does at least make for an interesting day, trying to work out which stash just can't be passed up and which can.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home