Scrapbook Mad as you've never seen it before ... unplugged and available for your reading pleasure. You just might pick up some hints about what's in store and what we've got planned. On the other hand, you might just get the inane ramblings of a 30-something scrapbook store owner ...

28 February 2006

Camp Scrapbook Mad

All is not well in Camp Scrapbook Mad ... I'm feeling the strain. Look at the time - it's nearly 3.30 am, and I have to be up for work tomorrow. Yes, I know I've just spent half an hour writing my Prototour post below, but that was my wind down before bed. I have spent all evening frantically packing orders, and I'm tired and pissed off with it all. A happy camper I am not. I just feel at the moment that everything is conspiring against me ... Ethan getting chickenpox, then the franking machine cartridge dying on me, meaning orders were stacking up while we waited for the new one to arrive ... my total lack of motivation to actually clear the backlog (though I did manage to force myself to work my ass off tonight and now the only ones waiting to go out are those that I am waiting for payment for), Colin being quite ill for about a week now - and me feeling like shite for longer than that with a horrible hacking cough and now chronic sinusitis (one side of my face is swollen and throbbing like a big throbby painful throbbing thing).

To cap it all, I have totally lost the plot where the stamp side of things is concerned - I have no idea what has been made and what hasn't, and I'm not entirely sure that Colin knows either. When Col is not on his deathbed with whatever weird and wonderful disease he has convinced himself he has from looking up his symptoms on the net, he is out working, or very rarely out on his motorbike (but if he's not here then he can't piss me off. Though him not being here is actually just as likely to piss me off); and hence if he's ill or not here then he can't make stamps or process or pack stamp orders, which leaves it all down to me (except for the making stamps bit, I'm not as good as him at making them so I'm not even going to try). Until somebody invents a machine that makes 24 hours stretch in 36 or even 48 hours, while enabling me to survive easily and comfortably on virtually no sleep ... THEN I will be able to keep completely on top of everything; but until then I'll have to try and cope with the impossible.

How I envy all the other people whose blogs I read regularly, who actually HAVE time to scrap ... I can't imagine what that must be like, to know that YES, I can actually just indulge myself with an evening of paper stroking and creativeness, because NO I don't have a stack of orders to process and a pile of paperwork to work through. Jealous? Me? Ummm ... bearing in mind that the only time I actually seem to get to myself is the time between dropping Ethan off at nursery in the morning and arriving at work (and then in reverse at home time), what do you think? Somebody, PLEASE invent that time-stretching machine for me before I go completely mad ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home