Scrapbook Mad as you've never seen it before ... unplugged and available for your reading pleasure. You just might pick up some hints about what's in store and what we've got planned. On the other hand, you might just get the inane ramblings of a 30-something scrapbook store owner ...

07 March 2006

It's A Wonderful Life!!!

I'm glad to think that my life seems to be getting a little better ...

I came over all housewifey yesterday after dinner and got the new dishwasher stacked, and the sink cleaned, while my lovely Seanie tackled the hob. I won't mention that when I disappeared off to check my e-mail he cleaned out the filter plates from the extractor fan in my lovely clean sink, making it erm ... not so clean. I know it sounds daft, but honestly, even managing to get the dishwasher straight on after dinner (instead of moaning at Sean to do it for hours on end - it's 'his' job to do) and clean the sink was a major achievement for me. Some days lately it's been a struggle to so much as get myself out of bed, and get myself to work and Ethan to nursery in a relatively clean and unsmelly state. Hhhmmm. Well, you'll know what I mean if you've ever suffered with depression.

Anyway, early to bed last night, and early to rise this morning ... I was up at 6.30 am. I think I'll gloss over the fact that I had to get up then cos I realised that despite the fact that I'd washed Sean's school uniform from blazer downwards, I'd forgotten to wash his school shirts ... oops. Cue a frantic throwing of a shirt in the machine on a half hour wash, and then a frantic session with a very hot iron to get it as dry as possible so that he could wear it. In between all this frantic activity, I made packed lunches for us all (with the exception of Ethan, who has lunch at nursery), and got Ethan bathed; and for once I was at work at a reasonable time (9.10 am to be exact!)

Still my day continued in a positive way - I got lots and lots of typing done this morning, and cleared a nice big space on my shelf (which was promptly filled with notes from today's clinic); then managed to sort out more waiting list stuff this afternoon. Okay, I admit, I did a fair bit of faffing around as well this afternoon, but I feel the fact that I worked hard this morning cancels that out!

I got home to find yet more pre-orders for the new Prima stuff - I'm amazed, to be honest - I didn't think they would be quite so popular. I just need to hope now that I don't get shortchanged on my order when it arrives.

Anyway, I heard the best ever news today that made me and Colin jump for joy - unfortunately I can't divulge it here as it is not my news to share, but suffice it to say that it was something that we'd kept our fingers crossed for for a certain someone in our life for a long long time, and to finally get the news that she was getting what she truly deserved was the icing on our cake.

Ho hum, I like it when my life is like this. To top my day off, I've managed (I think) to get my blood sugars down to a much more respectable level, and I am determined to keep on top of it this time (you wouldn't believe how crap you can feel with high BMs).

Well, time is getting on and I should be getting off to bed. I still have a huge heap of orders to get done, but I have done all that I can do tonight - I need to send Colin on a hunt for boxes tomorrow, as most of what is outstanding needs boxes for packaging, and all of mine seem to have disappeared somewhere. The main thing is that I have a big bag full of parcels to go out tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home