Scrapbook Mad as you've never seen it before ... unplugged and available for your reading pleasure. You just might pick up some hints about what's in store and what we've got planned. On the other hand, you might just get the inane ramblings of a 30-something scrapbook store owner ...

05 March 2006

Karma

I laughed my head off a fortnight ago when Ioannis (our Senior Reg) told me that the hard drive on his laptop had failed (it was a Dell though, so I think that allows for laughter). Wishing now that I had smiled sympathetically instead ... cos the hard drive on my can't-live-without-it Toshiba laptop failed dramatically yesterday. Oh bugger. To annoy me even further, I had told Colin half an hour before that we needed to do a back-up. Poo, poo and double poo.

So here I am, laptop-less. I am slightly concerned that we might not be able to retrieve anything from the hard drive - I have photos and all sorts on there that I want to keep - but Colin is going to see about getting it sent off to whoever it is that does the hard drives for his work. I am confident that we will manage to get most of the data back.

It's been a funny week. My mood has been up and down like a yo-yo for days, and yesterday was the lowest point. We (Sean and I) were supposed to be going to the Moxley crop yesterday, but Colin is on-call this week and was called out yesterday morning. Although I fully expected to be able to get to the crop by lunchtime, it turned out we didn't manage to get there at all. By the time Colin got home I wasn't feeling well (my resolve to look after my health this year has fallen by the wayside, and my blood sugar was waaaayyyyyyy too high) and I had a bit of a strop over something stupid (so stupid that I can't remember what it was) and took myself back off to bed for a bit. Colin came up to talk to me and I ended up telling him everything that's been on my mind recently - I have been fretting about one thing in particular all week, which if I weren't in the throes of a high blood sugar episode wouldn't bother me in the slightest. Anyway, some cuddles and a big grizzle later, I felt much better.

Work has been funny this week too - we had our Senior Registrar changeover on Wednesday, so we lost Ioannis and gained Kong. Kong is nice, but from memory his dictation is awful, and I'm really not looking forward to having to type his letters. The thing is, it usually takes me three or four months to really get used to having someone around, so I get to that point where I enjoy typing their letters and then they move on and we get someone else. It won't be so bad, I know, but I feel like this every time we have a changeover.

Colin got his finger out yesterday and finished getting the water in the new kitchen sorted out - so I now have running water and the new dishwasher is working. Sean, my beautiful darling angel of a boy, spent some time last night clearing out some of the cupboards and washing them out - bless him, I couldn't love that boy any more if I tried! To cap it all, he was up early again this morning clearing out the rest of them - the difference he has made is amazing - I have been anxious to get it done myself but have kept putting it off! Anyway, at least now we have made a start on moving the stuff in from the old kitchen, and I have high hopes that if Colin can find time to get the rest of the doors on, we might actually be getting somewhere with it ...

Will next week be better? I hope so - I'm planning on booking myself a place on the Scrapcanvas Altered Art weekend, and hopefully my endowment money will come through, in which case I am going to fritter some of it away (not a huge amount though) on treating my lovely boys (and myself). And now? I have orders to pack, and Ethan screaming at me from the kitchen ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home