Friends Are Like Flowers
Depression hit hard last night - very hard. So hard, in fact, that I took myself off to bed at 6.30 pm in a bid to escape from the world, the house, the business and the kids and enjoy the oblivion of sleep. However, despite the early night (well okay, I ate a huge amount of ice-cream at midnight and then watched the music channels until around 2.30 am) I've still struggled today. I looked as bad as I felt this morning, but thanks to my lovely friends at work - firstly Bal, and then Charlie ... and then lastly Neil (once he'd finished insulting me) - I soon felt a lot better.
I know I'm very lucky to have good friends at work ... and I DO have good friends at work. After the past couple of years where I learnt (amongst other things) that a lot of people just have their own agendas and will do whatever it takes to get where they want to be, even if that means burying a blade in your back on the way, it's good to know that there are people at work who really do care. I often wonder whether I'm only a good person to know cos I have all this stash that people want, and if they'd bother to speak to me if I was just a normal punter like them. Whatever the answer to that might be, I should remember just how supportive Bal and Naina in particular have been over the years at work; and how much I love having mates like them.

Anyway, me and my big boobicles are going now to start writing out the pre-order for the new Prima ranges - it's a good job my bank balance is looking particularly healthy at the moment, as this is going to cost me an absolute fortune - my customers have gone mad for my special collection kit prices (I put them on the website truly believing that no-one would order a whole collection of them, but I've been astounded by how popular they've been). Once I've worked out my pre-order totals, I guess I should add some more to have on the website (but I'm not planning on stocking huge amounts of them); and then decide which ones I'm gonna order for me ... okay, I'm not a huge fan of the Got Flowers? stuff (I think the texture of the small flowers - which are the only ones I've handled - is flipping 'orrible), but the pictures of the new stuff look lush and very droolable. I most definitely want some of the Crown Jewels - the darker colours for sure, plus the Naturally Felt, Tissue and Velvet packs and all the ribbons and chipboard alphabets. Somehow I think my own, ahem, 'purchases' are going to have to wait a while. Maybe I will just treat myself to one of the Crown Jewels sets, one of the Naturally sets, one of the chipboard alphabets and maybe just one or two of the ribbon stax. Maybe I should just go out now and mug someone!
Wow, despite it being past 2.00 am I'm still feeling wide awake and raring to go (one of the downsides of depression). I almost have the urge to go up to the office and pack all the orders that came in since yesterday - because I know I'm going to be extra busy tomorrow. I have a day off work because my tumble dryer is being delivered; but once I've dropped the kids off in the morning I need to go to the bank to pay in some cheques for work, plus I have orders to pack, and I need to clear all the junk out of the hall (mainly boxes and business stuff and my Navigator), give it a good hoovering, and clean up the kitchen. I'm sure there is other stuff that I feel I need to do, but I can't remember what that might be. Anyway, if I go and start packing orders now, I'm going to be knackered tomorrow (like I wouldn't be anyway, right?) and the chances are that I will sit on my big fat arse and do nothing!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home