Rumbly In My Tumbly
Little things please little minds, or so Mum always told us - my tumble dryer has arrived and I'm happy as a pig in muck ... of course, I still have to wait for Colin to get it into the kitchen, remove the old dishwasher and get it installed, but as he lubs me lots I know he'll do it for me tonight. Let's face it, I shall nag him until his ears bleed if he doesn't! The joy of no longer having to put every damn thing on the radiators to dry will be immense ... it means the radiators can be used for what they're supposed to do - keeping the house nice and cosy.
Our hallway is generally a dumping ground for all sorts of crap ... you can usually find my Navigator parked, along with boxes of stock that went to a crop and didn't manage to make it back upstairs to the office ... and Gawd only knows what other junk. Naturally that all had to be cleared away so that the tumble dryer could get in ... yet again I'm amazed at how big the hall looks when it's not buried under mounds of rubble! I continue to focus on the fact that things ARE getting done ... the kitchen IS getting there, slowly but surely ... I'm planning on persuading Col to finish putting the cupboard doors on this weekend, and then I'm going to empty everything from the back kitchen, get all dishes etc through a dishwasher wash so that they are nice and clean for their new home; and then I might see if I feel up to tackling moving everything out of my craft room - the floor has to come up so that Colin can run a pipe from the hot water (the boiler is in my craft room) down to the new kitchen sink. I'm not complaining, I've at least got water downstairs. Anyway, I've lived with having a non-functioning hot tap in the bathroom sink for the last couple of years, so I'm sure if I have to I can cope downstairs too.
What's the betting that Colin comes home tonight and says that he's got to work tomorrow? Answers on a postcard please ...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home