Scrapbook Mad as you've never seen it before ... unplugged and available for your reading pleasure. You just might pick up some hints about what's in store and what we've got planned. On the other hand, you might just get the inane ramblings of a 30-something scrapbook store owner ...

21 March 2006

From Bad To Worse

You might have read a couple of weeks ago how Karma bit me on the bum and made my laptop blow up after I'd laughed loudly at one of the doctors at work whose laptop had also died. My laptop is like an extension of me ... it was the means by which I could work(ish) and still spend time with the boys, cos I could sit downstairs in the lounge with them, check up on e-mails, get up to date on UK Scrappers, and generally just run my life. Without my laptop I feel like part of me is gone. Sad cow! However, Colin got a caddy and has managed to get most of the stuff off the laptop for me (but I have no idea where he's put it!) so at least at some point I will still be able to access all my files.

Since the laptop died, things have gone from bad to worse literally hour by hour. We had a major computer systems failure that has seen me without any computer access since late Thursday night until about 11.30 pm tonight; the car situation has been a major debacle, my health seems to have started on a continual decline; and if anything could go wrong generally with my life, then it did.

Still, at least we are back up and running with the computer now, which is a start. I've just packed a huge load of Col's stamp orders up, and I will make sure the backlog of Scrapbook Mad orders since Thursday are completed tomorrow.

Life recently chez moi has been very busy and it's not doing my brain any good. Consequently I might not be around that much over the next couple of weeks while I work on stopping my head from exploding from the pressure. Why is it that everything comes at you at once rather than life letting you deal with one thing first before the next thing whacks you in the face?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home