Scrapbook Mad as you've never seen it before ... unplugged and available for your reading pleasure. You just might pick up some hints about what's in store and what we've got planned. On the other hand, you might just get the inane ramblings of a 30-something scrapbook store owner ...

12 March 2006

Lazy Sunday ...

... I don't think so!

For once in my life I have had a reeeeeaaaaaalllllyyyyyyyy productive day. I was up fairly early this morning (unheard of on a Sunday), and as Col was out on one of his interminable bike rides (yawn ...) I decided to tackle the kitchen. Sean disappeared off with Andy, and Ethan was quite happy to sit and watch episode after episode of Dora the Explorer (or Dorla, as he calls it), leaving me some peace and quiet to get on with it. Okay, so I didn't do the whole kitchen, but I cleaned one half of it, and it looks fab. I also did a dishwasher load (I don't normally, because that is Sean's designated job), cleaned the sink, washed the breadbin, and put everything away. Then I got the beef on in the slow cooker. Mrs Beeton eat your heart out!

Tell you what, I'm absolutely loving my new tumble dryer, sad cow that I am ... I have done about six loads of washing today, and they are all dry and neatly folded in my washing basket waiting to go upstairs ... I've currently got my coat in the washing machine (it's pink and was absolutely filthy), and although it's not supposed to go in the tumble dryer I'm going to do it on a really low heat. Naturally, not everything I've washed today could go in the tumble dryer, but it's nice to only have the radiator in the hall down here and on the landing with washing drying on it instead of every blinking radiator in the house.

Even sadder still, I am intrigued, amazed and downright fascinated with the amount of fluff that I'm pulling off of the filter at the end of every dried load - there's enough there since yesterday to knit a blanket, almost (I'm building a fluff mountain!). So if this is what's left after the drying, what happened to all the fluff generated when I used to use the dryer bit of the washing machine? Did it all go down the drain? Little things please little minds, or so they say.

Anyway, now that I'm feeling all virtuous (cooked dinner and have got the dishwasher on again, cleaned the sink again and now have my bicarb and vinegar mix doing some magic down the plugholes), I'm going to place my bum on a chair at the table and do some scrapping ... ooh, some Me time - how ever will I cope? *Kate tries to forget that she has a couple of orders that need to be finished off for posting tomorrow*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home