Impulse Buying ...

Valuable lesson No 9 - do not under any circumstances think that it would be a good idea to go and look at cars just to see what sort of price they're going for these days ...
I seriously only wanted to see how much Scenics are going for, so off we toddled to our local car supermarket for a look ... and ended up with this. Bum. I'm trying to convince myself that it was a good idea, but it's not working. Undeniably we got a damn good deal, but it's led to me paying out more than I would have liked. But still, I suppose at the end of the day it made sense. Anyway ... this delight is my new car. It's three years newer than the one I have now, and has dual airbag, CD player, halogen lights, air conditioning (I'd sooner open the windows, to be honest), alloy wheels and is a 1.6 (the one I've got now is a 2.0 litre). There are 24500 miles on the clock, which we thought made it too good to miss out on.
My car? Well ... apart from a bit of damage by the petrol cap (just don't ask ...), my tax is up at the end of the month, my MOT due in April, and I know it won't pass. I have an electrical fault which makes all the lights on the dash light up randomly while I'm driving along. In fact, the other day when I picked Ethan up from nursery I had no electrics to the dashboard at all - so no speedo, no mileage, no petrol gauge - nothing. Fortunately it seemed to have just a temporary problem, as it was okay again when Colin went to try and sort it out, but as a new console would cost a fortune it seems prudent to change cars now ... oh, and I've got a slow puncture as well at the front. And a chip in the windscreen (which was there when I got it two years ago), and a crack in the back lights (again, it was there when I got the car). There's also a knocking sound in the engine when you start it up (so Colin says - personally speaking, as a girlie I just get in and drive the damn thing - it aint my job to listen out for weird noises!)
Anyway, hopefully we should be able to pick it up at the end of the week ...
Also got my tumble dryer in today - yay! I can't believe how quick it is - we put in a small load, and it was bone dry within about half an hour - whoohoo! Of course Sean is fighting with me wanting to use it, but I've told him it's MY toy, and he can only play with it when the novelty has worn off for me ... yes, I do know that I need to get myself a life!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home