Scrapbook Mad as you've never seen it before ... unplugged and available for your reading pleasure. You just might pick up some hints about what's in store and what we've got planned. On the other hand, you might just get the inane ramblings of a 30-something scrapbook store owner ...

04 April 2006

Race For Life


I'm sorry that I haven't posted in over a week. I've been extremely unwell, and have basically stayed away from the computer for days and days. I'm still rather ill, but let's not get into that now because it'll only depress me.

I decided I needed something to focus my energies on (apart from work, the house, the kids and the websites), and so I have signed up for Race For Life. Race For Life, if you didn't know, is a ladies-only sponsored run/walk of 5 km, held at many different venues around the country, which raises funds for Cancer Research. It costs £10 to enter (which covers the administrative cost of entering), and you then choose an amount that you are going to aim to raise through sponsorship. I elected to raise £100, because I really don't want to feel like I've got to raise a specifically huge amount, and I thought that £100 should be eminently achievable. In reality, I would like to raise a lot more - my ultimate goal would be £500, but we'll just have to wait and see. My event is at Cannon Hill Park in Birmingham on 14th June, so it's really not that far in the future (ooh 'eck). I need to start training, not that I have any intentions of running, but I want to feel confident that 5 km is not going to be a problem. And it certainly shouldn't be!

One of the good things about doing Race For Life is that they give you a dedicated fundraising page where people can pledge to sponsor you, so I have set myself up with one, and I have sent the link out to a few people already. When I get to work tomorrow I'm going to send it to everyone on my e-mail lists, and stick posters up everywhere in the hope of some support from the lovely people I work with. Anyway, I have put a link to my fundraising page in with my links in the right hand static bar on this page, but if you can't be arsed to scroll down and find it, you can just click here and you'll be taken straight to the page. If you feel that you could sponsor me, I'd be really grateful - every penny counts and every pledge is important, no matter how little you can afford. I am the ultimate couch (or internet) potato, so for me to get off my fat bum and do something like this is a big deal for me, and I hope that people will recognise and understand that and dig deep! Thanks very much if you feel you can help; and if you don't feel able to help then thanks anyway for taking the time to read about it.

Other news: we went to see Protocol play on Saturday. They were, as I expected, totally bloody brilliant. I have some photos (the majority of which are rather crap), and I will upload them when I get a chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home