Experiments
This morning I looked like a hideous troll. Okay, so I ALWAYS look like a hideous troll, but this morning I did look awful, with big dark circles under my eyes and that look that only comes from getting just a couple of hours sleep. We were running late this morning, as usual, and so I didn't get a chance to put any make-up on, so I chucked some in my bag and off we went. True to my post last night, I decided to be a girlie-girl today, and I even put on my new boots that have killer wedge heels. However, once I'd dropped Ethan off at nursery I had to change into my flat boots, cos the soles of the new ones were shiny and slippy, and the mat on the drivers side of my car is also shiny, and I was worried about having a slippy slidey accident. I put them back on when I got to work though, plus some make-up.
I was amazed at the amount of comments I got throughout the day ... some of the girls wanted to know who I was tarted up for (as if there is ANYONE at work that would be worth tarting myself up for!), other people commented on how good it made me look, someone told me I was looking very glamorous, and someone said I looked very colourful (at the time I was covered in dust and halfway through a spring clean of my desk).
Proof positive, wearing make-up obviously DOES make a difference to how people see me. At any rate, it certainly made me feel a bit better, and that can't be a bad thing, so it looks like I'm going to have to find time to put make-up on every day now before I leave the house. I wish I knew where the hell my make-up bag has gone - with the amount of clutter and crap in this house it could be anywhere (but I'm sure it's in the bedroom ... somewhere). I did enjoy the heels too, strutting up and down the corridor with my heels going clickety-click - so much so that I left them at work and will probably wear them again tomorrow.
Being girlie has obviously gone to my head tonight, cos I found a nice little handbag online earlier that was in the sale, and it sort of fell into the shopping basket ... sod it, I don't care. If being a girliewirly makes me feel good then I'm going to go for it. Miss Glamour Puss 2006, that's me. Not!
Ooh, only 9.30 pm ... a dilemma - shall I go and do some scrapping, or shall I go on a hunt for my make-up bag and then head off to bed? Much as I would love to scrap, I suspect that inspiration is hiding in the depths of my make-up bag, so maybe looking for that would be a better idea.
Anyway, before I go ... an interesting work day today. We don't use the 'traditional' dictating machines, we have a digital system where the dictation is saved onto a hard drive and then fed through to the appropriate secretary through a special telephone type thingy. The bad news today was that the whole system has died, and Dictaphone can't come out to try and fix it until Friday. That means that none of the secretaries can type any clinic letters ... which is why I had time to spring clean my desk (and it was absolutely filthy). I dumped a six inch stack of assorted crap in the box for shredding - all of it from the various piles of work accumulated on my desk - see, I don't just horde junk at home, I do it at work too! At least my desk is now clean and dust-free, and there are now only two piles of stuff on there - one which is stuff which I need to get filed, and the other which is a huge pile of bits and pieces that I need to do, which will keep me busy tomorrow. There is a rumour going around that Dictaphone have said that they can't guarantee that all the dictation stored on the system won't have been lost ... I remember the uproar last time we had a major system failure about 5 or 6 (or possibly even more) years ago ... the Consultants in particular will go berserk. Ah, the joys of working for the NHS - gotta love it!
Okay, make-up bag, ready or not here I come!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home