Tune Of The Week!

If you haven't already heard it, you need to be listening out for it, because this is one seriously cool song. It's called Where's The Pleasure With You, and is by a band called Protocol. It sounds like a cross between Blondie and Duran Duran, and it's brilliant. They've been playing it on Radio 2 for a couple of weeks now, and the first time I heard it it sent chills up my spine ...
I had a bit of a music-fest last night - I was up until gone 3.30 am channel hopping through all the music channels on Sky to find interesting stuff to watch. Anyway, I got inspired and I was a bit naughty ... I managed to order myself the Kaiser Chiefs CD and the Dead 60s CDs from Amazon. Oh, and the sequel to Collage Discovery Workshop by Claudine Hellmuth was up on a special deal of £22.something with a book on altered art, so that fell in too. Art and music, what more could a girl want? Answers on a postcard please.

While we're on the subject of music and stuff, here are some more hotsy totsies! Firstly, Sean Paul ... I can't quite make my mind up whether he is white or whether he's black. Either way, I rather like his music and his videos are, well ... interesting ... in particular I really like Breathe with Blu Cantrell and I'm Still In Love With You ... Shame about his hair though!
Secondly, I have to admit to a fondness for Andre 3000 from Outkast (that's him on the left, by the way). I have some of the girls at work rather gobsmacked, cos they reckon that Outkast is not my sort of music at all ... but I love 'em, the songs are really quite funny and Andre's six pack as the drummer in the Hey Ya video is the stuff dreams are made of (if only Colin had a bod like that my life would be perfect!)
I can't wait to see him in the Jimi Hendrix movie cos I reckon he's going to be superb - that's definitely one that I'll be taking Sean to see (see what a progressive boy I have? He's a big Hendrix fan, like me!)Staying up so late last night, it's no surprise that I am completely and utterly knackered ... it's time I went to bed!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home