Scrapbook Mad as you've never seen it before ... unplugged and available for your reading pleasure. You just might pick up some hints about what's in store and what we've got planned. On the other hand, you might just get the inane ramblings of a 30-something scrapbook store owner ...

12 January 2006

What Would You Do?

A little brain teaser for you all ...

You work in a busy hospital. You have a fax machine in your office. A fax comes through late one afternoon for one of your colleagues who has an office about 250 yards away up the other end of the corridor. Your colleague has a fax machine in her department. Do you:

a) ring your colleague first thing next morning to tell her there is a fax in your office for her
b) e-mail your colleague to tell her there is a fax in your office for her
c) drop the fax off to your colleague's office on your way out of the building at home time
d) send the fax, by fax, to your colleague's fax machine

Let me guess, most of you sensible people chose a), b) or c), yes? Shame the same can't be said about the numbskull at work who was too damn lazy to pick up the phone or e-mail me and faxed it through instead. Can you believe it? It would have taken 30 seconds to walk up the corridor to my office, but instead she chose to waste the price of a phone call and the paper it used. It wouldn't be so bad, but she then gave the original fax to one of the clerks to give to me anyway, so I ended up with two copies ...

I do like to amuse myself at work sometimes ... the person in question, who is the medical secretaries' manager (but not my manager cos I work in the Academic Unit and we are self-regulating, so to speak!) then sent out an e-mail at lunchtime to say that they had moved the fax machine into a different room, so could everyone please remember to keep an eye out for their own faxes. Me, a stirrer? Yep! I e-mailled her straight back and said how disgusted I was that SOMEONE (I knew it was her, but she doesn't need to know that) had faxed the fax from one end of the corridor to the other. Funnily enough, I didn't get a response ...

Hot news elsewhere in the day of Katiepops? Not much really ... have ordered a huge pile of scrummy new stash for the crop on Saturday - it should arrive on Friday (but hopefully they will ring me first to let me know how much it's going to cost - I've got VAT and tax to pay this month so I can't afford to spend a fortune). Have restocked my packs of 10 dominoes on the website, which I'm pleased about. All orders are up to date (apart from one which I'm waiting for stuff arriving for). I've even sat here and put a load of stuff on Ebay, including our lovely stamp making machine, and some gorgeous Alice Caroline bags.

What I SHOULD have been doing, however, is getting this ATC class for Saturday's crop finished and written up, and the class kits packed. I haven't so much as got a card blank out ready yet ... but I do have a fairly good idea of where I'm going with this one, so I should be able to get it all sorted tomorrow without the worry of loads of orders waiting (providing that we don't get swamped with orders tomorrow, that is).

I can't believe I've stayed up so late again ... I'm really going to be suffering for this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home