About Roger
Roger is our lovely postie ... I know a lot of people slag off Royal Mail and the services they provide, but Roger is one of those people for whom nothing is too much trouble. He's helpful and friendly, and he goes the extra mile. I hadn't seen him for a few weeks, and it transpired that he's had a month off over Christmas. If you were a regular reader of my Inky Fingers blog, you'll know that I filled a decorated 5 litre paint can with chocolates to give to all the guys at the local delivery and collection office - we must be really lucky here in our corner of the world as everyone I come into contact with there when I drop parcels off is friendly and helpful too.
Anyway, I digress ... I took my parcels in for posting last night, and who should answer the bell but Roger ... he promptly came out for a kiss (bless), and almost fell over himself to ask WHERE I'd got the can from ... when I told him that I'd decorated it myself he was so enthusiastic and raved about how fabulous it was. Apparently he'd emptied the remainder of the chocolates out of it and taken the tin home with him cos he thought it was brilliant. God, I DO LOVE to get compliments on my work from 'outsiders' (ie, people who don't craft). The upshot of our discussion and his enthusing is that he wants me to do a couple of paint cans for him that he can send for a friend's birthday. I'm feeling really enthusiastic - it's amazing how just a few compliments can boost my confidence and get my Mojo raring to go. Anyway, today's piccie is of the decorated paint can that contained the chocolates - it wasn't anything particularly awe-inspiring, but I'm glad he liked it, and I'm really glad that the tin hasn't gone in the bin.

2 Comments:
I'm just adding UKScrapper blogs to my bloglines blogroll, and noticed this entry.
The tin looks lovely, and it's nice to hear that it was liked and kept for good =D
8:28 pm
Thats so kewl to get compliments from non scrappers. Scrapping for others - another business perhaps ?
Ann in Oz
10:08 am
Post a Comment
<< Home