Scrapbook Mad as you've never seen it before ... unplugged and available for your reading pleasure. You just might pick up some hints about what's in store and what we've got planned. On the other hand, you might just get the inane ramblings of a 30-something scrapbook store owner ...

15 January 2006

Moxley Goes ATC Mad

Friday night was a mad rush of trying to get organised for the Moxley crop ... pricing up a big box of stock, packing the class kits for the ATC class ... it was 5.30 am when I got to bed ... and around 8.00 am when I dragged myself back out of it and under the shower.

Of course, spending so long making sure the class kit was just right meant that I hadn't got any other stash ready to take, including both stuff to sell and my own stuff to play with. Naturally that meant we were super-late leaving home (I wanted to be out of here by 9.15 am, but we were an hour late ...). I hope to God the speed cameras down the A454 (just off M6 junction 10) weren't working, because my befuddled brain was too busy to notice just how fast I was going in my mad rush to get there.

I love the Moxley crop ... without a doubt it's the nicest, friendliest crop that I've ever been to. Lisa, our hostess with the mostess, is great, and the regular girls are a scream. And then of course there's all that talent there ... but I can't begrudge anyone being so talented when they're so nice. Of course, if they were complete bitches, then I WOULD begrudge them (snigger).

Only one downside to yesterday ... because we were so late getting there, and because I had another box of stash to price up (I LOVE Scrapgenie - they are definitely my wholesaler of choice because they ALWAYS pull out all the stops to get stuff to me on time - hence Colin being able to pick my order up from the courier depot (just up the road) first thing on Saturday morning) I was definitely feeling a bit stressed. My stress level wasn't helped by the mad rush of 30 stash-hungry women who more or less shoved me out of the way in their desperation to get their hands on everything before I'd had a chance to get everything out ... normally I think it funny that they do that, but because I was so tired it just pissed me off mightily.

It didn't take long to restore my equilibrium (look, I know some BIG words!) though ... my first task once I'd left the stash-starved girlies to their oohing and aahing over all the new stash I'd bought was to finish packing up the class kits for the ATC class, which wasn't too difficult as all it entailed was cutting up the big sheet of stamps that Col had made for me, and cutting a length of ric rac for everyone. The class seemed to go well, though it wasn't really a class as such - I talked about ATCs and what the point was, and some of the things that you can do with them. Then I explained that I don't ever expect people to make exactly the same as the example I've made, but that I hope that my example will spark some inspiration in them. I was really gobsmacked by the fabulous ATCs that everyone turned out - they were all so incredibly different to the ones I'd done. I think everyone enjoyed the class though (though I suppose no-one was really likely to come up to me and say 'that was a load of crap and you're a rubbish instructor' - or at least I hope not!) and it does look as though there are now a bunch of ATC-mad scrappers to be found in Moxley once a month.

All in all, despite the madness of getting all the stock out and of sorting out the class, I had a great day. Sean enjoyed himself too, and managed to not pee me off too much, which is a major achievement for him as there are days when it seems he only has to breathe to annoy me (bless him).

The next crop is in just three weeks - eek! I MUST get my act together and start thinking about what stash to order in for next time. I think some more of that lush 7gypsies stuff is an absolute necessity - there was virtually none left yesterday when we packed up.

Well, just for a change (!) I'm supposed to be packing orders right this minute ... but as I'm waiting for Colin to bring me up a huge mound of stamps to send out I'm having a short skive in between sorting out the few of my orders that are still waiting to be done. I'm still too tired to push myself to the limit today despite having far too much to do as usual. Right, back to packing orders ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home