Scrapbook Mad as you've never seen it before ... unplugged and available for your reading pleasure. You just might pick up some hints about what's in store and what we've got planned. On the other hand, you might just get the inane ramblings of a 30-something scrapbook store owner ...

12 January 2006

Mental As Anything


Mental As Anything, what a fabulous band ... they did a song called Nothing Is Going Right Today on their Creatures of Leisure album, and that just about sums up today for me ... I'm really not a happy little bunny right now.

My lovely brand spanking new camera was delivered to Colin's work today ... ten minutes after he'd left at lunchtime to go on a site job. He didn't get home until nearly 7.00 pm, way after work was locked up and abandoned for the night, hence he couldn't pick the camera up and hence I don't get to have it until tomorrow. Very. Disappointed.

To make matters worse, the humungous order of the most wonderful gorgeous new stashalicious stuff that I ordered earlier this week especially for the Moxley crop is 101% not going to be here in time. I am alternately cross with myself (for not placing the order before) and extremely upset and depressed that I will have sod-all that is new for my cropping buddies to ooh and aah over. I even suggested that if there was a chance of the order being despatched tomorrow I would pick it up from the courier depot on Saturday morning (the courier company they use has their local depot literally half a mile up the road), but Colin says that they are not open on a Saturday and hence the chance of me getting it is nil. This is, of course, all assuming that they had got through all the other orders that they got before mine, which again isn't a sure thing either.

This is the sad and sorry consequence of being a procrastinator - I can't make snap decisions, I have to mull everything over and consider every option before I faff about a bit more and then make a rash decision that makes all my procrastinating a waste of time anyway. If only I could've got my act in gear last week and got my order sorted out then the chances would be that this wouldn't be happening. Yes, I KNOW it's hardly the end of the world if I don't have lots of lovely new stash for the crop, but I feel like I've let the crop girls down in some way ... it just seems at the moment that the slightest little thing assumes disaster-like proportions when really it doesn't matter. Obviously lack of a decent night's sleep is taking its toll.

See, here we are gone 11.00 pm already, and I still haven't started sorting out my ATC class. I am so tempted to just forget it for tonight and go to bed, but if I don't at least get the cards made tonight then the class just isn't going to happen. I had all these grand plans for some little stamps to make the cards with, but that's not going to happen either - I'll either have to use some stamps that we already have made, or forget the stamps completely - cos I can't make the sample cards without the stamps. Look, I'm procrastinating again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home