Scrapbook Mad as you've never seen it before ... unplugged and available for your reading pleasure. You just might pick up some hints about what's in store and what we've got planned. On the other hand, you might just get the inane ramblings of a 30-something scrapbook store owner ...

12 April 2006

A Sigh Of Relief ...

You wouldn't believe how pleased I am that the cybercrop kits have now more or less less the building - there's just a couple left, but they are for ladies who are paying by cheque, and I will be posting them once the cheques arrive. I've been gratified by a lot of very positive comments on UK Scrappers about the kits - it seems they have gone down well, and that really gives me confidence and makes me feel good.

I have to say, it was only when I was packing up the kits to go off that I actually had all the items together and could see how great they looked, especially the green kit for the Samba Krewe - I loved it sooo much. I can't wait to have a play with the papers myself!

Now that the kits are out of the way I seem to have a huge pile of orders that has accumulated over the weekend up to now. Yet here I am procrastinating once again! My excuse is that it takes me a little while to focus my thoughts and start the mad dash around the office to pack and process everything.

I still have an enormous amount of things on my To Do list, not least of which is the VAT return. I suppose I am going to have to focus my energies on that over the weekend (yawn!). I also still haven't found the time to tidy up the office, and the mess in here is driving me mental. I'd like to think I'll do it over the weekend, but sod it - I'm going to have some Me time this weekend. Then of course there's a stocktake due, and we also need to take the website offline so that Colin can load the software upgrade - perhaps I can be stocktaking while he does that, killing two birds with one stone.

My health seems to be getting a little better every day - there are still signs that things aren't right, but on the whole I do feel a lot more like my old self. It did me the power of good to go to the Moxley crop on Saturday. Although I didn't get an awful lot done (apart from starting to pack up the embellishments for the kits; two cards and half of a 6 x 6" layout), I laughed, talked and had fun - ooh, and I won an Easter egg too! Yay!


I've been meaning to get my piccies from the Protocol gig sorted out to upload - they're not particularly stunning pics, but I had a wonderful night seeing my Protoboys - it was lovely to go out somewhere with Colin and not have to worry about getting back for the kids. We realised at the time, with some shock, that we haven't actually been out anywhere ON OUR OWN since we first got together, which is almost 7 years ago.


Anyway, my Protoboys were gorgeous, sexy, talented and stunning as I expected they would be. My only gripe was that I couldn't get as close to the front as I would have liked, which is why most of my pics are crap. But nonetheless I had a great evening - I met Hannah from the Protoforum and a couple of other people (short term memory less - Alzheimer's fast approaching!). Okay, the picture above left is of John, the lead singer. In colour the pic was awful, but I think converting it to black and white and making it grainier lends it a certain arty-farty quality ... well, that's my story anyway!

The pic to the right is of Dave, the keyboard player ...

And here's John again, looking HOT HOT HOT! If you look closely you can just see the top of his Calvin Klein boxer shorts above his belt - we all got an eyeful of those, and there has been much debate (and heavy breathing) on the forum about those (and his sexy argyle sockies).

And finally, here's me with Dave and John after the gig ... I love the way that they make time to talk to ALL their fans. Such nice guys ... and such a shame that I'm a fat old trout who they wouldn't look at twice ... well, I suppose I can always dream, right? Someone on the forum said that I look like the cat that got the cream in this pic - well, who wouldn't look like that when they're snuggled up between two extremely cute and talented boys like this ... sigh ...

Okay, I suppose I shouldn't put it off any longer ... order packing, here I come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home