Scrapbook Mad as you've never seen it before ... unplugged and available for your reading pleasure. You just might pick up some hints about what's in store and what we've got planned. On the other hand, you might just get the inane ramblings of a 30-something scrapbook store owner ...

10 April 2006

Scrambled

My brain, that is ...

I've been busily putting together kits for the pre-crop challenge for the UKS Cybercrop. I've been hopping from one foot to the other for the last few weeks, desperately waiting for the delish new papers I wanted to use to arrive in the UK. I could've ordered them directly from the manufacturer, but as I knew that the UK wholesaler for the papers already had them on order, it was decided that they'd definitely get theirs before I'd get mine if I ordered them directly.

So ... the papers finally arrived with the wholesaler on Thursday, and they despatched to me on Friday. I picked them up from the courier depot on Saturday morning, cos I was desperate to get started on packing the kits up. In a way I'm glad I went to pick it up, cos a very cute guy working there told me it was a pleasure to get my parcel as I was looking so lovely ... ahhhh - and I REALLY needed that compliment at that precise moment.

Anyway, you can imagine that I was mightily peed off to discover that one of the papers I was sent is wrong ... I wouldn't mind if it was from the same paper range, but it's not, so the colours are all wrong and my blood pressure shot up another few notches. However, I can't complain about the customer service I get from the wholesaler - they always bend over backwards to help, and I have been promised that the correct paper will be with me tomorrow. I have hence booked tomorrow afternoon off from work so that I can spend the afternoon frantically shoving kits into envelopes in a bid to get them all off to the Post Office in time for them to get in the post tomorrow night. I will in some ways be glad to see the back of this kit, but in other way I have really really enjoyed it - I just have to hope now that the punters out there like what I've put together for them. I think I need to store the remaining papers in my Navigator for safekeeping though, ho hum ...

Yesterday saw huge amounts of frantic activity kitwise. I spent the whole day working on it, packaging bits up etc. I didn't get to bed until 3.00 am, and I have spent the whole day with scrambled brains. I am so tired and I am longing for my bed ... but I've still got to process 40 kit orders and get as much prepped tonight as I can so that tomorrow will just be a case of doing the last little bits.

And of course procrastinating over here isn't gonna get it done any quicker ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home