Scrapbook Mad as you've never seen it before ... unplugged and available for your reading pleasure. You just might pick up some hints about what's in store and what we've got planned. On the other hand, you might just get the inane ramblings of a 30-something scrapbook store owner ...

16 April 2006

Rip It Up

Remember last night how it got to 3.00 am and I was hoping to get a couple of hours of order packing in before I had to give up and go to bed? Well ... at 7.30 am this morning I was on my way to the delivery and collection office to drop the parcels off, having got nowhere near bed at all. Oddly enough, I felt fine. Got home and straight into a long hot shower, and then wandered into the bedroom to find that both Col and Ethan were awake (Ethan had got into bed with Daddy last night). Got in with them both for a cuddle, and then drifted off to sleep at about 9.00 am (I wasn't planning on sleeping until this afternoon). Sean woke me up with some coffee just after 11.00 am, and so I got up feeling actually rather refreshed!

I've been rather industrious and not only did I make and post my ATCs for the dance card swap on UK Scrappers, but I also posted my contribution to the chocolate swap too - as I had to get proof of posting for these we took a ride down into Acocks Green, and after going to the Post Office did a bit of shopping. My girlifying continues - a new mini hairbrush (for my handbag) - a bargain at 29 p - Ethan made me buy one for him too; a small handbag mirror for my make-up bag, and some Olay 7 Signs cleanser - might as well go the whole hog with the Olay stuff as I really am convinced that it is working. Oh, and a pack of 4 net scrubbys - you know the things I mean, the net puff things that you have to scrub with in the shower. I've already got one, but I'm sick of everyone else using it ... well, now they've all got their own so they might just leave mine alone!

At this precise moment in time I'm sat here like a fool ... I am so angry with Colin that I think it is prudent that there is a flight of stairs separating us. He's been out on his motorbike this afternoon (another 3 hour ride that took 6 hours+), and he has tramped oil right through the house ... it was all over the kitchen floor and it's all over the hall carpet. As you might expect, when I pointed out that it was everywhere I got one of his stock-in-trade responses 'I'll sort it tomorrow'. Err, no you won't - he's working tomorrow and if it's left it's just going to end up tramped in even more; so muggins here has been on her hands and knees scrubbing the kitchen floor (a combination of washing up liquid and white vinegar got it off of the laminate flooring). He can sort the carpet out himself. Anyway, he wanted particular clothes for work tomorrow and so like an idiot I'm sat here waiting for the tumble dryer to finish so that I can go to bed (I can't leave it running and go to bed as the changes it causes in the air temperature will set the house alarm off).

I gave Colin an ultimatum - either the bikes go (two motorbikes; and one heap of parts that used to be a motorbike - all on the patio, right outside the back door so that I can't get outside to hang washing out) or I do ... he reckons if that's the case then all my scrapping stuff goes too. Fine ... let me start with the layout about him that I spent all evening working on then. The man is just a complete arsehole and I really don't know why I put up with him sometimes!

Anyway ... my layout. It feels good to be scrapping again, even if I have cheated this time - I took a wander around some blogs earlier this evening, and found a really simple layout on Kathy B's blog which she says is a scraplift. I love the simple lines on it, and I knew it would really suit the photo of Ethan and Colin that I have been trying to scrap for the last couple of months; so I have scraplifted her scraplift! This is the first time EVER that I have scraplifted a complete layout (or a more or less complete layout). All I need now is to print off part of my title for handcutting, and stamp the rest; and then maybe add just one small embellishment - but it'll all have to wait until tomorrow, because I seriously am having trouble keeping my eyes open - I wonder why?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home