Lurgified!
Me no feely well.
Re the possibility of Ethan having chickenpox - when he woke up yesterday he had a couple of little spots on his face, so I decided to keep him home from nursery, and managed to arrange a day of carer's leave for myself from work. Good job too - I had a splitting headache, an extremely sore throat and very bunged up sinuses, and I didn't feel much like going to work myself anyway.
We had a fairly quiet day - when I finally managed to struggle through a fog of unconsciousness (also known as sleep), we took a little trip out in the car to deliver a stamp machine order. When we got out of the car Ethan was running around like a madman, but dropped off to sleep as soon as we got back onto the M6. I wanted to pop into Sainsburys to pick up something for lunch, and it took ages to wake him up enough to get him out of the car - proof positive that he isn't feeling 100%. However, a little trip around Sainsburys where he got to chuck loads of stuff into the basket (oranges, Milky Bars, little pack of Haribo and a gingerbread man) for himself made him feel better - and he was a big boy and handed over Mummy's debit card to pay. And then he held my hand all the way back to the car 'in case you fall over, Mummy'.
We spent the afternoon snuggled up on the couch, him watching TV and me surfing Ancestry.co.uk to find more family history stuff (and I found more!) So, a nice quiet day.
Finally got my copy of Photoshop yesterday, courtesy of Colin's lovely Daddy - so I uploaded it late last night and had a play for around five minutes with it. Look at this pic of my beautiful little bubby Ethan - he was around 14 months old, and it was May bank holiday - we'd been to Cadburys for the day and it was really hot - he came out in a big rash on the way home ... we weren't sure if it was just heat rash, but we discovered later that a couple of kids at nursery had German measles, so our money was on that ... but look how cute he looks! With any luck I'll find time to really sit and have a play with it sometime next week - still so much to get done before I can even contemplate playing.I'm still not feeling well today, my head feels thick as anything, my throat is still sore and the front of my face is raging from my blocked sinuses. Oh joy of joys, can my life get any better??
I absolutely desperately have to get upstairs to the office and get some work finished ... I've got all of last week's new stock still to put into the accounts package; loads of orders to process and pack and still the October VAT return to get done and posted off ... I have no motivation at the moment, and I just can't bear the thought of having to do it. This is not good! There are also about a million stamps to do the artwork for, get made and mounted and then invoiced and packed and posted. Can't cope with all this work!
On that note, I have Ethan telling me he needs me to come and give him a cuddle ... sounds like a good idea to me ... much better than work any day! To hell with it - nothing is going to get posted before Monday anyway, so today I play and tomorrow I work ... cuddles, here I come!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home