Scrapbook Mad as you've never seen it before ... unplugged and available for your reading pleasure. You just might pick up some hints about what's in store and what we've got planned. On the other hand, you might just get the inane ramblings of a 30-something scrapbook store owner ...

17 June 2006

Real Love

It seems to me that real love is a rare thing. I don't think it comes along every day, and that when it does you know it's special. I am fortunate, for I have that real love. I'm not talking about sexual/in love type love, I'm talking about genuine affection, love and all the stuff that goes with it in just a friendly-type way, with someone who knows you better than you know yourself.

Despite the fact that my best friend lives about 15 miles away, I haven't actually seen him for around four years or more. Tonight I spent a couple of hours having a good cry over ... a whole load of things actually. Things have really been getting me down this week, and I let them get on top of me, which probably wasn't a very good idea.

Anyway, Neil has spent two hours on the phone with me, letting me pour it all out. There was a time when this was a normal thing for us, hours spent on the phone with me crying and him soothing. We have a long history of that - he's been my best friend for about eight years now, and it's not a joke when I say that if it wasn't for him, and his love, support, patience and knack of making me laugh, I most likely wouldn't be here now. He has cheered me up immensely and given me a good talking to tonight, and whilst I couldn't say I see things clearly now, I have been made to giggle. We've reminisced about old times and got back to our silly language with each other, and just generally been daft. It's been fabulous.

I know I don't say it often enough, but love you sooooo much Neil - always have and always will. Real love, real affection and hopefully a whole big load of snuggly cuddles when I see you soon - what more could Da Pops possibly want??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home