Psychic Powers ...
I'm on my dinner break! A five minute break from frantic order processing to stuff a burger down my fat face (thanks to Colin who knows that when I start talking complete b***ocks I need to be fed before I fall flat on my face on the floor).
Yep, I was right yesterday. This is indeed going to be one of those weeks.
Got to bed reasonably early last night (ie before my usual 3.00-4.00 am slot!) and had a good night's sleep. Lovely hot shower this morning, and am sat on the bed in the altogether about to put my make-up on when in wanders Ethan, all warm and sleepy and wanting a cuddle with Mummy. So, up he gets onto my lap, snuggles in close ... and then throws up all over me. Charming. Lovely kiddie vomit, all over me, all over the bed, all over the towel, and then all over the second towel that Colin shoved in Ethan's face to catch what he could.
Exit Mummy stage right for shower no 2, exit bedclothes stage left in search of the washing machine. Yuk. Final result - Mummy super-clean after two showers, Ethan happy as a sandboy after getting rid of the grot in his belly, and Mummy finally half an hour late for work ... told you it wasn't going to be a good week.
Work was quite good today though - I discovered that Si had e-mailled lots of people to tell them they have to sponsor me for my Race for Life (my fundraising page is here if you would like to sponsor me - there is still time, although my race is on Thursday - my page is available to take donations up until 29th June). Consequently, I've had another two or three people sponsor me today online, and I've also racked up a few more sponsors at work that have handed over cash. I was beginning to worry that I wouldn't reach my personal target of £500 raised, but I am really getting there now, so maybe I will manage it after all.
Right, burger finished, so back to work I go ...
Oh! Almost forgot - Peppermint Creative, one of my favourite digital scrapping sites, has a competition starting next week - Digital's Next Top Scrapper. You'll find the details on their website. I've entered it - I don't expect to get anywhere, I just wanted to do something for ME for a change, and hopefully pick up some good ideas on the way. It shouldn't take up too much of my time each week, I wouldn't have thought - I can use my lunch hours at work to sketch out ideas for the challenges and plan what supplies to use, and then get down to the nitty gritty of creating the layouts during the hour or so between getting home and getting Ethan to bed.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home