Look What I Did ...

Now you know how I said yesterday that I was going to have a go at making my own digital scrapping kit? Once I get an idea into my head I don't like to hang around if I can help it, so tonight while I was waiting for Col to come home I made a start, and if I do say so myself, I'm rather impressed.
I have to say I'm rather amazed at how easy it was ... the trick is to really know what the different things in Photoshop actually do ... and I'm crap in that department, but have learnt a lot tonight. I even made all the patterned papers (except for the stripy one) with brushes ... and I really DON'T have a clue what I'm doing with those!
Anyway, I am so proud of myself that I had to share ... I haven't finished yet - there are ribbons and all sorts of embellishments to make yet and I'm looking forward to perhaps getting on with those at some point this weekend once I've caught up on the rest of the orders.
It's been a nice day ... again I have been rushed off my feet at work, but I've achieved an awful lot and that makes me feel really good. The only typing that I have left to do is Si's clinic from yesterday - I spent most of today doing Jenny's typing as she's back from holiday tomorrow and I didn't want her to come back to a huge pile of letters.
I had an interesting conversation with the Police today about the damage that eejit did to my car ... I get the distinct impression that this man maybe doesn't have any insurance or tax, hence his quick exit from the car park ... but it seems that perhaps it wouldn't be the first time that he's been reported to the Police. Anyway, we shall see. At the end of the day, it's not so much about the money that it will cost to fix the car (though I can ill afford it at the moment); it's more the principle of the thing ... how dare he think he can damage my car and get away with it! In fact, how dare ANYONE think that that sort of behaviour is acceptable.
To finish the day off nicely, I discovered that my favourite online shop, Scrapadoodledoo are having a 35% off sale. Now, despite the fact that not only do I have a whole shop worth's of stash upstairs in my little Scrapbook Mad empire, but I also have more personal stash than I could possibly use if I was to be reincarnated half a dozen times ... guess what, I went a bit mad. But I just couldn't help it, 'onest Guvnor - Karen and Lesley sell the most scrumptious stuff - and with papers from 15 p (BEFORE the discount!) I just couldn't resist. A huge pile of new Urban Lily fell into my shopping cart, along with a load of the Creative Imaginations Art Warehouse papers, which are fabby for altered art as well as scrapping ... and loads more. I was quite restrained though, it all came to less than £20 including the postage. And at least a third of what I got is for Seanie, because we are getting to that point again where he tries to steal my papers when I'm not looking.
Well, even the greatest digi designers need their sleep ... so I guess that means that the crap ones do too - nighty night!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home