Extension
Today my laptop seems to have been an extension of my body. I have spent virtually the whole day attached to this thing ... firstly doing a major website update, reducing lots and lots of prices by huge amounts (check out our big sale!), and then messing about with yet more digital scrapping while keeping an eye on Ethan.
I have come to the conclusion that digital scrapping is much like playing Solitaire on the computer ... you absolutely detest the fact that you're spending so long playing about, but you cannot seem to stop yourself, it's a compulsion ...
Anyway, I have made another three layouts, two today and the other last night. This is the one from last night, using mainly the Shabby Princess Urban Kiwi kit. The pic is of Ma and Pa, and Lee, who is the eldest of us five.
Next is one of my Grandparents' wedding photos - I have always loved this pic and have actually scrapped it a couple of times now. I used the 2Peas freebie kit from January for this. I'm not entirely sure if I really like it or not ... I sorta feel like I could have done more ... and plain typed text for titles isn't really my thing, I prefer ready made alphabets I think.
Finally, here's my little Ethan at his first Christmas. The kit is the May freebie from 2Peas, and I absolutely love the colours, they really pop. Oh, the alphabet was from the Shabby Princess Splendid kit.You know what I really like about digiscrapping? I have oodles of lovely kits on my hard drive, and they are all freebies. It's not that I'm averse to paying for kits, because I'm not - I've got my eye on several that I know I'm just going to HAVE to have when I get paid - but when there are such fabulous freebies available it would be easy to never have to buy a kit at all. The talent of the people who design these kits is phenomenal - I personally wouldn't have a clue where to start. Anyway, I'm definitely grateful that there are such clever people out there who can make stuff like this, and who are generous enough to share.
I need to go and find something to eat - I know it's midnight, but I wasn't hungry earlier ... and now I'm starving ... I think some hot buttered toast and a nice hot cup of coffee is definitely in order!
I hope you've all got nice plans for tomorrow ... our household will be a hive of activity tomorrow. I have loads and loads of washing to get done (particularly as Colin will be away all week and needs to take a week's worth of clothes with him), plus as a result of our sale I am going to be busy packing oodles of orders ... and no doubt I will *have* to make time for a bit more digital scrapping. I'm not obsessed, honest!

1 Comments:
That Christening Layout is gorgeous! Good Job!
Ann
1:55 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home