Scrapbook Mad as you've never seen it before ... unplugged and available for your reading pleasure. You just might pick up some hints about what's in store and what we've got planned. On the other hand, you might just get the inane ramblings of a 30-something scrapbook store owner ...

11 May 2006

Bo-nanza or No-Nanza?

Tomorrow sees me heading off to Bonanza with Irene in tow. Although I haven’t been near UK Scrappers in days, I can imagine that there is an absolute frenzy of excitement and preparation going on there … perhaps it’s just me, but I don’t really understand the frenzy. Last year’s event was, in my opinion, poorly organised. There was no food available, some classes were overcrowded with not enough seats or kits for everybody who had prebooked, the trimmer in the toolkit was absolute pants, one of the classes I did was a complete waste of my time and money (the end result was very nice, but spending £12 on a class where the sum total of instruction was ‘cut this piece of paper to this size and stick it here then cut this bit to this size and stick it there’ at 1000 mph was a joke); and to cap it all I heard many many stories of Alicia’s rudeness to her paying customers. No change there then.

I am naturally interested to see what if anything has changed this year. However, judging by the farce there was over the online booking system again this year when it went live, I’m not really that optimistic. It seems obvious to me that if you know you had problems with particular aspects of your online registration facility then you take steps to ensure that everything is working perfectly before you launch it. And if you can’t even get that right ...

Anyway, tomorrow will tell whether the organisation is any better this time, but I still can’t understand the frenzy of excitement that some people are whipping themselves up into. No doubt there are hordes of scrappers frantically packing everything they own into their totes ready for the off … but me? Tomorrow morning I’ll be chucking a Herma dispenser in my bag with my trimmer, a couple of ink pads, a few photos and one of my Self-Addressed kits, and I’ll be set. I very much doubt I’ll want to crop in the morning anyway!

The one thing I am looking forward to tomorrow, though, is seeing how Irene gets on. As a non-scrapper about to begin on her scrapping journey I know she’s excited to be going … I shall enjoy seeing whether she ‘gets’ it or not.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya Kate - hope you enjoyed your first class on Friday morning at Bonanza - the ratio of 3 to 1 was a little high but we had fun getting messy didn't we :-)

How did the rest of your Bonanza trip go? I had great fun both days but so tired today!

See you again soon

SueC

12:34 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

1:16 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home