Scrapbook Mad as you've never seen it before ... unplugged and available for your reading pleasure. You just might pick up some hints about what's in store and what we've got planned. On the other hand, you might just get the inane ramblings of a 30-something scrapbook store owner ...

05 May 2006

Sanity Prevails

Okay, so my sanity level has raised itself considerably since this morning. Yes, I know I'm totally barking mad (I prefer to call myself eccentric), but if it keeps me going to live in my little dream world then I'm not going to fight it. And Mum said that throwing a bunch of papers across the floor would be Uncle Jim down to the ground. So there!

Anyway, yet again I feel like the day has flown past and I haven't achieved as much as I would have liked. I seem to have been ploughing through a huge pile of clinic tapes all week - evidenced by the fact that I now have about 15 blank tapes waiting to be reused - yet the piles of notes on my shelf doesn't seem to have diminished at all ... maybe they're breeding ...

Yet more compliments about my hair today - it's very hard, but I'm trying to accept all compliments graciously. Coming as I do from a background where making fun of yourself before someone else gets the chance to put you down becomes crucial, I have to bite my tongue hard to stop myself from making a snappy comeback when someone says something nice. Who am I trying to kid? It's virtually impossible ... this is what happens when you are the middle child and the one most likely to be left out; and also the result of being the fat kid at school. Hey ho!

I've been very remiss tonight ... I still have some orders that need to be packed, but I was so tired when I came home that the thought of doing any work was horrible. I printed out a lovely piccy of my little Ether last weekend, and today while I was driving home a title and idea for a layout hit me, so I'm afraid to say I indulged myself tonight and did some scrapping - I just chucked it all on the paper, no real thought required. All I need to do to finish it is to staple some ribbon on and write the journaling, and then it'll be complete. I'm really pleased with it - and I really didn't agonise over it, I just went for it, which is something I really really find hard as I tend to want everything to look perfect.

Tomorrow I need to clear the rest of my orders and pack up some stuff ready to take to the Moxley crop ... I can't believe it's crept up so quickly - I am as usual totally unprepared and at the moment I don't even want to think about going (cos then I don't need to stress about how unprepared I am). I have come to the conclusion that I absolutely must get a calendar so that we can write stuff down, as I am fed up of having to miss things or change my plans to fit in with Colin's work/motorbike/karting/whatever else he seems to be doing. At least if we have a calendar then he can look and see what me and the boys are up to before he starts arranging stuff for himself.

On that note, I am off to take the washing out of the tumble dryer, and then off to bed to think about where exactly it was that I saw a downloadable template for a calendar ...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

12:18 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

1:16 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home