Scrapbook Mad as you've never seen it before ... unplugged and available for your reading pleasure. You just might pick up some hints about what's in store and what we've got planned. On the other hand, you might just get the inane ramblings of a 30-something scrapbook store owner ...

02 May 2006

Hair Today

Okay, so I did a passably good job of my hair this morning, but there is no doubt that I am going to get mightily pissed off with having to wash and style my hair every morning before the week is out, let alone a couple of months down the line. There MUST be more to life than spending the early morning hours frantically brandishing a hairbrush and styling products.

I had to make the tricky decision this morning of whether to use the mousse or the fibre putty (????!!!!) ... I decided on the fibre putty in the end because it has a stupid name and I like the texture of it. Actually, thinking about it it sorta looks like Brylcreem (and when I think of Brylcreem I think of Uncle Jimmy, God rest his soul), but it is really thick, sort of like very overwhipped cream. I suppose it's more or less a cross between gel, mousse and wax. Anyway, the deed was done and I did a reasonable job.

I have to say, I have been absolutely floored by the number of 'WOW!' comments I've had today at work. People have, dare I say it, been gushingly effusive in their praise and approval of me barnet. Rene on the League of Friends kiosk said it took 10 years off me ... so does that mean I only look about 50 now then???

Lots of very nice compliments too when I went to pick Ether up from nursery tonight too.

Is my transformation complete, I hear you ask?? Ummmm, probably not quite ... but we're getting there.

To finish the day off nicely (I don't think), Colin has come home very upset about something that happened at work today. I'm not going into details because quite frankly I am absolutely furious on his behalf, and yet still have the resolve that it will all get sorted out tomorrow and everything will be okay (is that a pig I see flying past the window??), despite the fact that really I know that it won't. But you'd all be very proud to see the way I have stayed calm, focused and 110% supportive of my Man tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home