Scrapbook Mad as you've never seen it before ... unplugged and available for your reading pleasure. You just might pick up some hints about what's in store and what we've got planned. On the other hand, you might just get the inane ramblings of a 30-something scrapbook store owner ...

23 April 2006

My Mojo Returneth

... With a vengeance! This weekend is the UK Scrappers Mardi Gras cybercrop, and I am really enjoying myself, even though it is nearly 5.30 am and I haven't been to bed and probably won't bother now ...

I've only managed three challenges so far - a challenge to do a layout of a fellow team member - I got Sam (dmsjlloyd) as my partner, and I'm really pleased with the layout I did - it is very simple, just black and white with some ribbon, a few flower brads and some alphabet stickers along with a touch of handcutting - I did 6 x 6 as I wanted to crop the photo quite heavily to concentrate on Sam and Sam only.

Next I did the Bling challenge - I did a layout about how my personality comes with extra sparkle, and I've used glitter and sequins - and got into a right mess with the glittered letters for the word 'sparkle' as I used a sheet of the Hi-Tack adhesive and discovered that it's not the easiest product to work with - but not to worry, I absolutely love the finished page - I did a bit of doodling too, and some handwritten journaling.

Finally, a challenge posted by Ali Edwards to scrap a page about friendship - I chose a piccie of me and Seanie (taken at the hotel we stayed in at Ascot when the whole family met up for a weekend to celebrate Dad's 70th birthday three years ago). I've kept it very simple - two chipboard coaster embellishments garnished with a bit of ribbon, and then handwritten journaling around the photo and coasters, and then around the edge of the page. It's very very simple, but I think very effective. Well who cares, I like it and that's the main thing.

I was going to attempt another challenge, but in hindsight maybe I shall just tootle off to beddybyeboes now ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home