Busily Getting Nowhere
I feel like I had a productive day at work today. I actually, for a change, got lots of clinic letters out of the way (only to have them replaced immediately with today's offerings).
Wish I could say the same for here though! I have been very diligent tonight, and have been industriously packing orders since I got the kids to bed at about 9.30 pm. That said, I've still only got nine parcels ready for posting tomorrow. While I welcome absolutely any order, you can guarantee that when I am anxious to get everything done quickly, every order will be fiddly to pack, rather than straightforward. It slows everything down, which to be honest isn't difficult at all bearing in mind the state of my brain by about 8.00 pm most evenings. So much for getting to bed by midnight! Still, I am going to be firm with myself, and am just going to print off the invoices for the parcels ready to go out, and then take myself off to bed. Tomorrow is another day, and I shall have to be firm with the kids and get them into bed nice and early so that I can get up here to the office as soon as possible and get started. Anyway, if you have placed an order in our big sale, please be patient - I want to get all orders out as soon as I can, but I do still have to go to work and then see to the kids in the evenings etc, and I can only do as much in a day as I have time for.
Amazingly enough, my millions of expected calls from Colin didn't materialise - though he did ring me to tell me he'd got there safely; and I had to ring him because in his infinite wisdom (huh!) he'd removed the router for broadband from the office and I didn't know where he'd put it. Hopefully he's got himself an early night for a change.
Oh, and as an aside to 'anonymous' (see comment on my previous post below) - when I say Col is a man and he's smelly, I don't mean that he's stinky. What I actually mean is that he's not a delicate little flower like what I is, all nicely perfumed and sweet smelling. He smells like a man ... a combination of his deodorant/showergel/aftershave can be deadly (he likes Lynx - but it is so strong that it makes me very wheezy and liable to need nebulising at the drop of a hat)
Right, where's that printer ...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home