Hot And Bothered
Bothered by life, that is. I can categorically say that I have had an incredibly awful week this week. Everything that could go wrong, has - spectacularly.
I can't go into detail, but I got some very bad news at the beginning of the week, which I have struggled to come to terms with. Colin has been in London again this week, and I've had to try and cope alone. Actually, when I say alone, that's not strictly true ... he's been at the end of the phone, and I have had unexpected support from other quarters too.
To compound my misery, there has been rumour and speculation a-plenty at work regarding the proposed redundancies. We were finally told yesterday that it is anticipated that 2 or 3 secretaries from our division will be made redundant. This is not good news at all, considering that the majority of the secretaries in our division work in the Eye Centre ... I still have the belief that I will be okay (my job is vastly different from that of the other secretaries), but even if things turn out in my favour, I don't like to think that any of my colleagues could lose their jobs. There was supposed to be consultation with the Unions today, and presumably we will all find out more next week. No point in worrying unnecessarily!
It is so damn hot today ... I hate it when it's like this. I have driven down to London today with Ethan for the weekend (my niece, Niamh, has her first communion on Sunday) - Sean isn't with us as he's off to Devon first thing in the morning for a week with his Dad and Stepmum. Colin came straight here tonight when he finished on site at Barbican. Anyway, the temperature gauge in the car topped 30 for most of our drive down - thank God for the air conditioning! Otherwise our drive down would have been unbearable - what should have taken us two hours door to door took 3 1/2 hours - and here we are at 11.30 pm and it's still too hot - in fact, knackered as I am I'm not even considering going to bed yet because it's just toooooooo hot!
Anyway, I'm hoping to relax a bit this weekend ... I've bought loads of my Self Addressed kits with me with the intention of making some cards tomorrow, and other than that I'm hoping to spend some time with all the kids. Hopefully by the time we head off home on Sunday night I will have lost this very unsettled feeling that I have ... I've been feeling like this for a while now and it's doing my head in. Maybe I should start getting some early nights and taking proper care of myself ...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home