Scrapbook Mad as you've never seen it before ... unplugged and available for your reading pleasure. You just might pick up some hints about what's in store and what we've got planned. On the other hand, you might just get the inane ramblings of a 30-something scrapbook store owner ...

12 June 2006

Start As You Mean To Go On ...

Just one day into a new week and already I can tell it's not going to be a good one. Again.

It seems that I can no longer access my external e-mail at work (or at least not since midway through last week) ... so I feel oddly out of the loop of what's happening ... and having been firm with myself during our week away and not checking my e-mail millions of times I suspect that there are probably quite a few e-mails that I need to reply to. Usually the first thing I do when I get home each evening is check e-mails, so you can imagine how incredibly annoyed I am tonight that I just cannot get onto flipping BT Yahoo to check my mail. Even more frustrating, I e-mailled myself some important documents before leaving work tonight, and I was hoping to read, edit and reformat them while Ethan watches TV before bed - but no e-mail means no documents and no documents means no editing, and no editing means tomorrow at work is going to be even more frantic than usual while I try to get it done, as this particular piece of work is uber-urgent and really needs to be completed for circulation first thing tomorrow morning. With no idea when Colin is likely to get home I'm definitely feeling restless - I've got so much stuff I need to do tonight, and I can't get anything done until Ethan has gone to bed or Colin is home to look after him; and I can't do any work anyway without e-mail access.

So I didn't get a decent night's sleep last night either, and conseqently my head has been thumping all day and I've found it difficult to concentrate. The atmosphere at work is awful at the moment, with so many people worrying about being made redundant and so many different rumours circulating on a seemingly hourly basis. I love that place, and I love the people I work with in the main, but at the moment it's not a nice place to be particularly.

Anyway, I don't want to focus on the negative aspects of work at the moment, when there should be so much positivity to enjoy. Ah, but you know, that's a story for another day - I need to get Ethan to bed and see if I can get some work done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home