Scrapbook Mad as you've never seen it before ... unplugged and available for your reading pleasure. You just might pick up some hints about what's in store and what we've got planned. On the other hand, you might just get the inane ramblings of a 30-something scrapbook store owner ...

25 January 2006

Tig, Tag, Toe!

Thanks to Jo for tagging me, and giving me the opportunity to warble on some more about my favourite person ... Me!

I have to answer these questions and then tag three other people, so here goes:

First time you got kissed: how was it?
Ooh, now ... my first kiss. It was at a Christmas school disco when I was 13 (Corpus Christi Junior High in Leytonstone, if you're interested), with Francis Boulton ... if I remember rightly we were dancing to 'Starting Over' by John Lennon at the time. Can't really remember much about it now though! I'm sure it was delish at the time ...

First time you drove a car: what kind of car?
My driving lessons were with a chap called Ray Lowe, in an Austin Metro (it was navy blue). However, when I was really young (probably between around 7 and 10) I used to sit in the driving seat of Dad's Granada Estate and pretend I was driving to Birmingham ... and now I live here, so I was obviously getting in some early practice!

First time you scrapbooked: when you look at your page do you love it?
I wouldn't go so far as to say I love it ... I remember being very proud of it when I'd finished it, though it's probably not the sort of page I'd do these days. It was two pics of Fabio, my sister's baby, and the background paper was K and Co Teddies ... I'd torn a sheet of the Teddies vellum and overlaid it on the paper. Scrapping has moved on an awful lot since then!

First time you went on a date: where did you go, and with who?
It was Francis Boulton ... I used to have this friend whose parents belonged to a social club near where they lived in Leytonstone, and I used to go up there on a Sunday ... Frank would come over to the club to meet me cos he had a friend who lived in the flats by the club ...

Oh! I know! He took me to the pictures (the Granada in Hoe Street, Walthamstow) when I was about 13 or 14, to see Firefox. We didn't watch ANY of the film, we just snogged our way right through it ... mmmmmmmm

First time you fell in love: how did you know?
With Mr Collywobbles it just seemed right, I felt like I'd always known him, despite the fact that we'd only exchanged a few e-mails and had a few telephone conversations (I met him on the internet). Oh, and at our first meeting we were snogging each other's face off within about 30 seconds of meeting.

I think there are many different degrees of falling in love anyway, cos I've been in love with lots and lots of blokeys over the years at different times. The only thing that I've ALWAYS been totally in love with and passionate about is my music.

First time you cooked for someone: was it yummy? What did you make?
I don't think it was the first time I cooked, but I remember doing a syrup sponge pudding in the microwave - I doubled the recipe, but I also doubled the cooking time (oops). It was like a big syrupy rock!

When I was about 10 I got up early one morning to make coffee in bed for Mum for Dad. Unfortunately for me, Mum had put gravy powder in an empty coffee jar, and had left it in the same cupboard that the coffee powder lived in ... I'm still most indignant that they wouldn't drink it after I'd been so generous to make it!

Being a baker's daughter, I'd better blinking well be able to cook - it's expected!

First time you got on a plane: where did you go? Were you scared?
We went to Ireland when I was about 3 to visit Granny. We had a fry-up for breakfast before we left home, and when we got on the plane I was still chewing a bit of bacon rind! I also allegedly sat on Daddy's lap on the plane and peed all over him. There are also unsubstantiated allegations that I did the same on the return trip too, but I firmly refute such obvious lies!

First time you shaved your legs: did you cut yourself?
No idea, I can't remember. I was probably too busy lusting after Frank Boulton and every other half decent teenage boy in the area anyway to be worried about cutting my legs shaving.

First time you put on make up: looking back how did you do? Did you look good or like a clown?
I looked like a bloody clown! My Mum, known affectionately as Bitch Face, decided that she would perm my hair for my 13th birthday, despite the fact that I really didn't want it done. She insisted none the less, and left me with a huge frizzy perm (and she burnt my scalp with the chemicals and I suffer from psoriasis to this day because of it). My big sister Lee bought me a No 17 make-up set and I remember sitting in front of her mirror looking at myself and how gorgeous I was. Well, my face was, anyway - face good, hair nasty. Oh, and I've still got that make-up set somewhere in the cupboard - antique No 17, maybe it'll be worth a fortune one day!

First time you moved out of your home: was it an apartment, house, etc?
As a grown-up (allegedly) I moved from the family home to Birmingham in 1990 from a big 5 bedroomed house to a two bedroom, galley kitchened, couldn't-swing-a-cat-in-here house. Then I moved from there in 2000 into where we are now, which has four bedrooms and three reception rooms. As a kid I moved three times - from Livingstone Road in Leyton, where I lived when I was a baby, to Wilson Street in Walthamstow, which we left when I was about three cos the Council pulled down all the houses on our side of the street to build a school. We moved to Winns Avenue then where we stayed until I was about 7, and then we moved to Upper Walthamstow Road (which was the house with 5 bedrooms).

Now, wasn't that fun! Are you still awake?

Who shall I tag? Ooh, I know!

Caroline
Jane
Kirsty

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home